Disclaimer

This blog is NOT an official US Department of State blog. The views and information are the grantee's own and do not represent the Teachers for Global Classrooms Program, IREX, or the US Department of State.

Tuesday, March 10, 2015

SQUEEEEE!!!! I'm so excited! OK - take a breath and start from the beginning. You already know that I'm going to the Republic of Georgia to visit and interact with schools in the country. For the first few days of our trip all 12 of the Georgian TGC fellows will be together in the capital city of Tbilisi.

Tbilisi - the capital of Georgia

Another view of Tbilisi

After the time in Tbilisi another fellow, Kellie Carter, and I will travel to the second largest city in Georgia - Kutaisi. Kutaisi is at least 3,000 years old and, from my research, seems to be both beautiful and fascinating.



Kutaisi looks to be a really lovely city with some pretty remarkable sites to see within the city and near by.



While Kutaisi is not the capital city, it is the home of the Georgian Parliament. The Parliament building is  ultra-modern and is one of the highlights of visiting the city.





While in Kutaisi I will be visiting St. Nino's School #3, hosted by Tina Kutivadze, an English teacher there.


Just outside Kutaisi one finds the beautiful Bagrati Cathedral. I'm super excited to visit there and take my own photos.


Also near Kutaisi is the Sataplia protected wildlife area. There one finds caves and one of those really scary glass walks that sticks out over a gorge. Not sure I'm going to be able to make that walk. My stomach is rolling just thinking about it.



It's unbelievable that I am leaving in just four more days! WOW - what an adventure I'm going to have!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment